Thursday 6 September 2012

Beauty Pressure


Do you ever feel that pressure of always having to look beautiful?  Yeahh I do.  I don’t have the best complexion in the world but I can deal with it. 

Many things these days put pressure on young girls and boys to look their best.  Advertisements always show beautiful models with clear skin, skinny figure and healthy hair.  Guys in movies or adds have abs, are tanned, and muscular.   Advertisements that do these things are the ones that promote having a size c cup or more is best, having a tiny waist and a big rounded shape bum or “booty” is the best look for a girl.  Nothings wrong with having that shape.  I just think Advertisments should vary the body sizes they use so that it doesntmake girls and guys feel bad about themselves.  

This is why I love this Dove advertisement called beauty pressure.  It shows that you don’t have to be perfect to be beautiful and that you shouldn’t have to change for anyone.  I really like the quote they used at the end of the video, talk to your daughter before the beauty industry does. 

I think this video is very inspiring

No comments:

Post a Comment